Number of participants
min 6 max 20
I recommend 14 participants.
You can choose the hours that suit your organisation.
I tend to work Thursday and Friday.
Normally I run the 2-day Mental Health First Aid Course
from 9.30am to 4.30pm on two consecutive days.
It can be run in four 3-hour sessions or
4-hour courses are $3300 including GST
12-hour courses are $4510 including GST
What will this course bring to your organisation?
Mental health problems are common in the workplace. However, if they are picked up early and managed well they are less likely impact the organisation.
Australian workplaces can expect a return on investment of $2.3 for every $1 invested in mental health first aid training for staff.
Providing mental health first aid early can assist workers in returning to their usual performance quickly and avoid the problem worsening or a crisis emerging.
This course can help:
- Equip managers & employees to recognise the signs of mental health problems early & respond appropriately.
- Decrease stress in staff as they have more understanding and know what to do if someone is having mental health problems or a mental health crisis.
- Create a workplace culture that promotes and understands the importance of mental health.
- Facilitate a culture that promotes seeking help for mental illness.
- Teach staff boundaries so they don’t get overly involved in someone’s mental health problems.
- Give staff the knowledge to recognise if they themselves are starting to experience mental health and knowledge of the interventions available.
- Decrease the stigma around mental illness.
The results of this are likely to be:
- Reduce absenteeism and lost productivity.
- Reduce number of stress leave claims.
- Increase knowledge about the importance of mental health.
- Decrease in staff turnover.
- Prevent discrimination cases.
This in turn is likely to increase your organisation’s productivity, profit and boost the morale and sense of stability in your organisation.
The Mental Health First Aid Course can be run in house at your organisation.
Alternatively, you can send staff to any of the courses open to the general public.
For more questions please contact Fiona on 0403 513 808 or firstname.lastname@example.org